Bharadvajasana – Half-Lotus, Half-Hero Twist Pose
Bharadvajasana is a basic seated spinal twist.
The name for this asana came from one of the saptharishis, Bharadwaja. It consists of many variations. It has lots of benefits. Even beginners can do it easily
A gentle twist on spine can rejuvenates the body, and stimulates the organs.
Bharadvajasana helps to maintain balance between mind and body. It also plays important roles in improving the working functions of all the parts in the chest.
A step by step guide:
- Begin seated in a staff pose.
- Bend your right knee.
- Place your top right foot on the ground. (Half hero’s pose)
- Take your left leg, place your top left foot on the right thigh close to the hip.
- Slightly twist your body trunk to the left and keep your hand behind your sacrum on the ground.
- Place your right hand on left thigh.
- Take a deep breath (Inhale) to lengthen the spine.
- Exhale to engage your navel.
- Maintain a proper breathing pattern.
- Repeat with the other side.
Benefits of doing this asana:
- Increases the Flexibility of the body.
- Strengthens the spine.
- Stretches spines, shoulders and hips.
- Develops proper digestion
- Massages the abdominal organs.
- Reduces stress.
- Improved Digestion.
- It crease the balance and calmness
- It is well suited for the pregnant women.
- Helps in Detox
- Good for pregnant ladies
- Release the stress in the body and the mind
Precaution and advice:
For a correct alignment of spinal, both buttocks have to be contact with the floor.
The people who suffering from,
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
Have to avoid practicing this pose.
- Do sink both sitting bones on the floor consciously.
- Pay attention to your knees.
- It can be used as preparation for the full lotus pose.
- Have a certified yoga coach when practicing is always good.