Bitilasana – Cow Pose
Bitilasana, is also known as cat or cow pose.
It is also called as Marjariasana in Sanskrit. While this motion may seem simple, practicing this pose can be a powerful way to prevent back pain and maintain a good back posture and healthy spine.
It is one of the easiest yoga. Beginners can easily do this pose. Still, proper guidance will be better.
A step by step guide:
- First of all get into a tabletop position.
- Keep your knees right under your hips.
- Keep your wrists in a straight line with your shoulders.
- Look towards the floor, so you can keep your head as comfortable. Look up
- Raise your hips up towards the roof. Inhale while doing this.
- Let your stomach to touch the ground and raise your head and look forward for about 20 seconds.
- Now come back to the starting pose while exhaling.
- Do all the steps about five to seven times before the halt.
Benefits of doing this asana:
- Increases the balance flexibility.
- Strengthens operand lower back.
- Stretches abdominal parts.
- Great stress relieving exercise for both physical and mental stress.
- Tones the spine
- Improves the blood circulation.
- Best for sciatica and back pain.
- It massages the internal organs
- Stretches the torso
Precaution and advice:
- If you are suffering from any neck or shoulder Injuries it is not recommended to try this pose alone, Get a certified Yoga coach with you.
- If you have any medical issue, contact a doctor before performing this asana.
- With a neck injury, keep your head in a straight line with your body trunk.
- It is good practice Keep your stomach and bowels empty before doing the poses.
- And it is always advisable to do yoga poses, under the guidance of the experts