Hata is a Sanskrit word. We can translate the word “hatha” in two ways,
Hatha = forceful or willful .
Ha – Tha = “sun” (ha) and “moon” (tha).
However, In general, Hatha means the practice of physical yoga postures.
Most of the yoga styles are Hatha yoga. Such as,
- Ashtanga Yoga
- vinyasa Yoga
- Power Yoga and more.
Hatha yoga helps to calm and prepare the body, mind, and spirit for meditation.Today, hatha yoga became popular across the world as a form of physical exercise, and many people colloquially use Hatha yoga as simply “yoga”.
Hatha yoga is not just a physical exercise.Hatha yoga is using Postures (Asana), to drive your energy in specific directions to get spiritual enlightens as well as a healthy life. It helps to increases your consciousness.
BENEFITS OF HATHA YOGA
- Great yoga style for athletes, Sports person and all age group people.
- Tones the spine.
- Increases the immunity power
- It helps to keep focus on your breath.
- Releases the tension by using the breath as a tool.
- Cures many stress related diseases.
- Helps to deepen the self-awareness
- Improves the digestion system.
- Increases the stamina and endurance.
- Relieves the pain.
- Regular practise can cure the diabetes, obesity, asthma, insomnia and more disease.
- Increases the flexibility
- Helps to practise the poses effortlessly.
- Increases the body balance.
- Restorative pose soothes the nervous system.
- Quiets stills and calms the mind.
- helps to release the tension
- Reduces the Fat. Gives good posture.
- Strengthens the body
- Relaxes the body and mind.
- Focuses on renewal.
- Reduces the depression.
- It encourages the mindfulness.
- Helps to increase the attention.
- Great pose to recover from chronically illness.
- Increases the immune system.
- Helps to enhance the mood states.
- Helps to create the deliberateness of action
- Connects you to the spiritual world.
- Gives the deep relaxation.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR HATHA YOGA
Practise this yoga daily, will yield the better results.
It’s good to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Always listen to your body, and know your limits. While practise, if you find any pain or discomfort, please exit the pose and ask for the expert’s guidance and doctor’s advice.
Hatha yoga is more than just asana. Please learn or practise under the certified yoga teacher.