Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT)
What Is Integrative Yoga Therapy?
According to Le Page Integrative Yoga Therapy is: “The skill set is muchmore extensive, not only as far as the communication [with the client] but also the ability to make modifications and the understanding of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and yoga philosophy as it relates to health and healing and to the nervous system. We give students the principles and the tools, the foundation and the direction, so they can develop their own treatment protocols for each unique individual.”
Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT) it is the yoga-based therapeutic system. It was recently acquired by Kripalu Centre. It creates strong commitment to the field of health care.
Joseph Le developed this Integrative yoga therapy in 1993. For the past 20 years Kripalu has hosted the many IYT programs. Integrative yoga therapy is an emerging field in the western countries. In India, They are using this as a preventative medicine for more than thousand years.
The new Yoga Alliance policy limited the use of the terms “yoga therapist” and “yoga therapy” by its registered schools and teachers. It highlights the importance of the accreditation work being done by the IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists).
His goal is to keep expanding and improving the program, to take it to new levels of professionalism, Le Page says. He is also developing the “comprehensive yoga hospital” at Enchanted Mountain Yoga Centre in Brazil.
Yoga Therapy has seven modules that take 800 hours professional yoga therapist certification. So far 3,000 IYT graduates are working in mental health settings, wellness centres and hospitals and many places.
Integrative Yoga Therapy offers the 4 training sites and the basic tuition fee starts at $4,500 approximately.
List of Accredited Yoga Therapy Training Programs by IAYT(3 years period).
- Program: Ajna Yoga Therapy (CAN)
- Program: Viniyoga Therapist Training Program (USA)
- Program: AnandaYogaTM Therapy Program (USA)
- Program: Clinical Yoga Therapy (USA)
- Program: Essential Yoga Therapy’s Therapist Training Program (USA)
- Program: Functional Synergy Yoga Therapy (CAN)
- Program: International Kundalini Yoga Therapeutic Practitioner Training (USA)
- Program: Yoga Therapist Training Program (CAN)
- Program: Inner Peace Yoga Therapy Certification Program (USA)
- Program: Integrative Yoga Therapy (BRA and USA)
- Program: Kula Kamala Yoga Professional Yoga Therapist Certification Program (USA)
- Program: Master of Science in Yoga Therapy (USA)
- Program: Niroga Institute Yoga Therapy Training Program (USA)
- Program: Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Training Program (USA)
- Program: Sattva Therapy® Yoga Therapy Diploma Program (USA)
- Program: Soul of Yoga Institute Yoga Therapy Program (USA)
- Program: Spanda Yoga Movement Therapy Professional Yoga Therapist Training (USA)
- Program: Stress Management Center Yoga Therapy Program (USA)
- Program: Diploma of Yoga Therapy (NZL)
- Program: Long Island Institute for Yoga Therapy’s Yoga Therapy Training Program (USA)
- Program: YATNA (Yoga as Therapy North America) (USA)
- Program: Comprehensive Yoga Therapy at YogaLife Institute (USA)
- Program: Yoga North Yoga Therapy Certification Program (USA)
- Program: Certified Yoga Therapist 1000 Hour Diploma Program (CAN)
- Program: Yoga Therapy RX Levels I, II, III, IV, Intro to Ayurveda, Yoga, & Social Ecology (USA)
Program: Yoga Vaidya Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy (IND)
BENEFITS OF INTEGRATIVE YOGA THERAPY (IYT)
- Relaxes the body and mind.
- Helps to cure any addiction.
- Cures the Hypertension
- Emphasizes the self-acceptance and self-love.
- Quiets stills and calms the mind.
- helps to release the tension
- Reduces the depression.
- It encourages the mindfulness.
- Helps to increase the attention.
- Cures many stress related diseases.
- Helps to deepen the self-awareness.
- Improves the digestive disorders
- Great pose to recover from chronically illness.
- Increases the immune system.
- Helps to enhance the mood states.
- Helps to create the deliberateness of action
- Connects you to the spiritual world.
- Gives the deep relaxation.
- Cures the low-back pain.
- Removes the stress and anxiety.