The main goal of Kundalini Yoga is to increase the consciousness and build physical vitality. An uplifting blend of spiritual and physical practices, Kundalini Yoga consists of meditation (dhyana), dynamic breathing techniques (pranayama), chanting of mantras and movements.
Some famous yoga teachers for kundalini yoga style:
- Shanti KaurKhalsa
The basic principles of kundalini yoga is, Increase the spiritual awareness using meditation (dhyana), dynamic breathing techniques (pranayama), chanting of mantras And freeing the kundalini(serpent power) that is coiled in the base of your spine and drawing it upwardly through all the 7 chakras.
Note: usually chanting of mantras would be ‘Sat Nam'(“truth is my identity”).
Sikh leader Yogi Bhajanwho brought this Kundalini Yoga practice to the North America in 1969. And it’s now spreaded to all over the world. Basically Kundalini Yoga has its roots in the Tantric Yoga tradition. It belongs to the 8th century.
Myth: Is it safe?
The basic principle of kundalini yoga is an expanded state of consciousness, which is called as kundalini awakening.At the base of the spine, kundalini energy rests like a coiled serpent, and by practise we have to make this dormant energy flow upward freely, through the 7 energy centers(chakras).
It will be filled with feelings of love, blissful and a sense of the interconnectedness of all things.But for some, it can feel more like a psychotic break or bad drug trip. So, please do not practise or learn without the proper guidence.
BENEFITS OF KUNDALINI YOGA
- Releases the anxiety.
- Kundalini yoga strengthens the willpower.
- Helps to find Your Courage
- Improves the digestion.
- Helps to break the bad Habits.
- Increases the positive changes.
- Detoxify the body and mind.
- Relaxes the body and mind.
- Focuses on renewal.
- Restorative pose soothes the nervous system.
- Calms the mind.
- helps to release the tension
- Reduces the depression.
- It encourages the mindfulness.
- Helps to increase the attention.
- Helps to deepen the self-awareness
- Great pose to recover from chronically illness.
- Increases the immune system.
- Helps to enhance the mood states.
- Connects you to the spiritual world.
- Gives the deep relaxation.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR KUNDALINI YOGA
Practise this yoga daily, will yield the better results.
It’s good to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Always listen to your body, and know your limits. While practise, if you find any pain or discomfort, please exit the pose and ask for the expert’s guidance and doctor’s advice.
Do not practise without proper guidance, which may give bad experience.