Two American yoga teachers created the Power Yoga Bryan Kest (Los Angeles) and Beryl Bender Birch(New York). Unlike other yoga types, Power Yoga does not have any specific sequence. Power yoga style is designed for the experienced students. It is a full body workout. It helps to move continuously and dynamically with your breath for heating. It could be challenging for the beginners.It is a fitness-based and vigorous approach to the vinyasa style yoga. It is also called as Gym Yoga. Power Yoga is closely modelled on the Ashtangayoga style.
Power Yoga has the flexibility to teach any poses in any order and It making the every class in a different order. It takes the athleticism of Ashtanga yoga style, including the lots of vinyasa yoga style. Power yoga focuses on the flexibility and strength. So, in the western peoples brought power yoga into the gyms of America and other countries. Then people start to see yoga as another way to work out.
Power Yoga is like an aerobic workout and normal exercise; here yoga postures practise will be fast and continuous.
BENEFITS OF POWER YOGA
- Relaxes the body and mind.
- Increases the balance.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Power yoga can heal problems like acidity.
- Great yoga method to lose weight.
- It helps to burn more calories.
- Regulates the menstrual problems.
- Best yoga style to get fit.
- Eliminates the toxins through sweat.
- Helps to reduce the hypertension.
- Strengthens the body.
- Increases the body flexibility.
- Helps to increases the stamina and strength.
- Regulates the blood circulation.
- Improves the concentration.
- Calms the mind.
- Reduces the depression.
- It encourages the mindfulness.
- Helps to increase the attention.
- Cures many stress related diseases.
- Increases the immune system.
- Connects you to the spiritual world.
- Gives the deep relaxation.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR POWER YOGA
Practise this power yoga style daily, will yield the better results.
It’s must to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Always listen to your body, and know your limits. While practise, if you find any pain or discomfort, please exit the pose and ask for the expert’s guidance and doctor’s advice.
Pregnant ladies please practise under the expert’s guidance.
Before start this powerful practise, consult with your doctor, and know your limitation. Do not rush; practise with in your limits.