Vinyasa Yoga is one of the famous types of yoga style. It is quite dynamic type of yoga technique. It is originated from the hatha style. We can refer Vinyasa Yoga as free style Asthanga yoga. It is all about synchronizing the continuous movement and breath.It is perfect yoga type for beginners. It is funfull. It has lots of different methods depends upon the yoga teachers. It is a faster pace yoga style. Lots of pose linked together in a series of movements (aligned with breath).
The Sanskrit word “vinyasa” means “place or arrange something in a special way” or “movement linked with breath”. It usually refers to a transtition between one yoga pose to another different yoga pose. vinyasa yoga insists to coordinate movement with breath to flow from one pose to the next different pose. Jivamukti yoga, Baptiste Yoga, Prana Flow, Power Yoga and Ashtanga yoga yoga techniques can be considered as vinyasa yoga style. Vinyasa is also reffered as practising a specific sequence of poses to transform one yoga pose into another.
Example: From Chaturanga Pose to Upward-Facing Dog Pose to Downward-Facing Dog
Sun salutation (Surya Namaskar) is one of the best examples for vinyasa yoga Style. All vinyasa yoga classes start with Sun Sulutation.
FEW RESTORATIVE YOGA POSES
- Reclining Hero Pose (SuptaVirasana)
- Reclining Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose (SuptaPadangusthasana)
- Corpse Pose (Savasana)
- Reclining Bound Angle Pose (SuptaBaddhaKonasana)
- Child’s Pose (Balasana)
- Legs-Up-the-Wall Pose (ViparitaKarani)
BENEFITS OF VINYASA YOGA
- Relaxes the body and mind.
- Strengthens the muscle.
- Stretches the overall body.
- Increases the flexibility
- Creates the internal heat.
- Increases the balance.
- Quiets stills and calms the mind.
- helps to release the tension
- Reduces the depression.
- It encourages the mindfulness.
- Helps to increase the attention.
- It helps to keep focus on your breath.
- Releases the tension by using the breath as a tool.
- Cures many stress related diseases.
- Great pose to recover from chronically illness.
- Increases the immune system.
- Gives the deep relaxation.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR VINYASA YOGA
Practise this yoga daily, will yield the better results.
It’s good to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Always listen to your body, and know your limits. While practise, if you find any pain or discomfort, please exit the pose and ask for the expert’s guidance and doctor’s advice.