Yogic diet encourages the sattvic diet (sattvic means ahimsa (non-harming)). It strongly believes that avoiding foods which involves the harming or killing of animals. At the same time Sattvic diets encourages eating foods that are ripened and grown naturally and foods grown harmoniously with nature.
Yogic diet gives all the proteins, minerals and vitamins from the sattvic diet. Yogic diet mainly includes the followings: Vegetables, Legumes, Grains, Nuts, Fruits and Dairy products (except eggs).
Top 10 Foods to Eat in a Yogic Diet
- You can consume maple, natural, raw sugar and molasses
- It is good to often drink water with lemon and Herbal teas.
- It’s good to eat Whole grains. (Particularly wheat, rice and oats)
- All the Fruits (Particularly naturally sweet fruits)
- You can take any sweet spices( basil, turmeric, cardamom, mint, cumin, fennel, ginger and cinnamon)
- Any type of Plant-based oils (sunflower oil, olive oil and sesame)
- You can replace your snacks with Nuts and seeds ( But make sure that not overly roasted or salted)
- All the vegetables (garlic and onions are exception)
- You can eat mung, aduki and Beans
Top 10 Foods to Reduce or Avoid in a Yogic Diet
- Should not take tobacco, stimulants and Alcohol
- Avoid Hybrid Foods that are genetically engineered
- It’s good to avoid the usage of white sugar and White flour.
- Avoid these kind of foods artificial foods, soda, Processed food, junk food and artificial sweeteners
- Try to eat sattvic meals and avoid margarine and animal fats
- Fried foods and Microwaved foods
- Like I said, please avoid onions, Garlic and any spicy foods
- Avoid all kind of Canned foods
- Again, Try to eat sattvic meals and avoid fish and Meat( and eggs also)
- Avoid overly cooked or salted foods
BENEFITS OF YOGIC DIET
- Relaxes the body and mind.
- Focuses on renewal.
- Helps to practise the poses effortlessly.
- Increases the balance.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR YOGIC DIET
Do not eat in a rush.Do not eat in a disturbed environment.The foods should be prepared with positive intention and love
You have to know when to drink more water and when to drink less water.