Ananda Balasana Pose – Happy Baby Pose
Ananda Balasana it is derived from the combination of the Sanskrit words Ananda (Happy), Bala (Child) and asana (posture or pose). The reason for the name Ananda Balasana is, this pose resembles the position of the happy child. It is called as Happy Baby Pose or the dead bug pose or cheerful infant posein English.
Preparatory poses for Ananda Balasana are Virasana and Balasana (Simple form of child pose); and the Follow-Up Pose is Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward facing dog pose)
Ananda Balasana is the best yoga pose to relax the mind and body. And making the mind calm and relives the stress. It is one of the easiest yoga pose. Beginners can practise this pose easily.
- Start with lay on your back
- Fold the knees and bring towards the armpits
- Grab the feet with your hands
- Make sure that you are holding the outside of your legs with corresponding hands
- Make the shins are perpendicular to the floor
- To create the resistance gently push upwards your feet into your hands at the same time pull with your hands downwards
- Make sure that your tailbone to the floor.
- Stay this pose for 45 to 60 seconds then release the knees.
- Slowly Exit the pose and take the normal breathing.
- Do all the steps three to five times
- It stretches the groins and thighs
- Increases the awareness and higher mindfulness.
- Strengthen the arms and shoulder
- It helps to release the stress in the back.
- Increase the functions of the digestive system
- Calms the brain and gives the peace of mind
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue from the body and the mind
Dos, Don’ts and Tips:
People with the following problem please avoid practising this pose, or practise under the expert’s supervisions and doctor’s advice.
- Neck injury
- Knee injury
- Blood pressure
Practise this yoga daily, will yield the better results.
It’s good to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Support of the thickly folded blanket will help to the neck injured people.
One should really trying to feel like the baby to get the most benefit from this pose
Make sure that, your spine should be straight
Regardless of age anyone can practise this yoga, it gives the good sleep