Kapalabhati Pranayama – Skull Shining Breath
Kapalabhati Pranayama is derived from the combination of the Sanskrit words Kapala (Skull), bhati (light; which means implying perception and knowledge) and Pranayama (Breathing technique). It is called as Skull Shining Breath in English.
It is an effective Pranayama to cure the digestive disorder, stomach disorder, obesity and many problems related to stomach.It helps to keep the mind calm. Regular practise of this Pranayama reduce the weight in an effective way.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE – SKULL SHINING BREATH
- Start with sitting in any comfortable meditative position.
- You can close your eyes.
- Make sure that your spine should be straight
- Place your palms on the respective side knees.
- Take a deep breath.
- Exhale with your full force, so that the stomach will go deep inside.
- When you exhale with hissing sound try to think that your disorders are coming out of your nose.
- Please do not stress while inhaling.
- Note: after each exhaling, inhaling should be done automatically.
- Repeat all the above steps for five to ten minutes
- Take rest for you minutes. Then repeat.
- Note: By regular practise, you can increase the time for more minutes.
BENEFITS OF SKULL SHINING BREATH
- Increases the more oxygen in the blood.
- Stimulates the abdominal muscles and organs.
- Helps to rejuvenate the brain cells.
- Increases the metabolic rate.
- Helps to clear the nadis.
- Improves the beauty and lustre to the life.
- Improves the sense of well-being.
- Trim down the belly.
- This is very useful to solve the diabetes.
- Cures the dark circles around the eyes.
- Helps to dissolve waste matter and toxins.
- Reduces the stress in the eyes.
- Helps to regaining the poise in emotions.
- Improves the digestion.
- Helps to regulate the liver and kidney.
- Cures the all intestinal problems.
- Improves the blood circulation.
- Calms the mind.
- Improves the kidney’s functions.
- Regulates the human reproductive system.
- Helps to improve the function of pancreas.
- Energies the whole nervous system.
- Gives an effective impact in the weight loss.
- Brings the positive thoughts.
- Regular practise can help to cure the breast cancer.
- Reduces the depression.
- Helps to cure the asthma, constipation and acidity.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR SKULL SHINING BREATH
People with the following problem please avoid practising this pose, or practise under the expert’s supervisions and doctor’s advice.
- Heart patient Injury
- High blood pressure
- Pregnant women
Practise this yoga daily, will yield the better results.
It’s must to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Always listen to your body, and know your limits. While practise, if you find any pain or discomfort, please exit the pose and ask for the expert’s guidance and doctor’s advice.
Please do not rush, practice should be medium.
During periods, if you don’t feel comfortable, please avoid practicing the pranayama.