Triang Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana – Three Parts Forward Bend Pose
Triang Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana is derived from the combination of the Sanskrit words Trianga(three limbs or parts. It is buttocks, knees and feet), mukha (face), Eka(one),Pada(foot), Paschima(West or back of the body), Uttana (intense stretch)and asana (posture or pose). It is called as Three Parts Forward Bend Pose or One Leg Folded-Back Posein English.
Triang Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana is one of the intermediate level yoga pose. It gives the full benefits of the forward bending. It helps to open the hip and calms the mind. It is one of the advanced variations of Paschimottanasana. It is must to practise this pose with empty stomach.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE – THREE PARTS FORWARD BEND POSE
- Start with forming the Dandasana (Staff Pose) on yoga mat.
- Bring your left foot back as for Hero Pose (Virasana).
- Exhale; try to take hold of the outer edge of your right foot by bending forward.
- Inhale; now pull the arms back.
- Slowly lift and open your chest.
- Exhale; drawn the chin towards your shin.
- Bend your elbows and extend the trunk forward.
- Hold in this position for few seconds (10 to 60 seconds).
- Exit the pose by exhale and come back to the Staff Pose (Dandasana).
- Repeat all the above steps with the opposite side.
- Practise at least thrice (both sides) to get morebenefits from this Triang Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana pose.
BENEFITS OF THREE PARTS FORWARD BEND POSE
- Regulates the digestion system.
- Calms the mind.
- Makes the spine more flexible.
- Stimulates and tones the abdominal organs.
- Helps to reduce the constipation and flatulence.
- Opens the hips.
- Improves the flexibility in the hamstrings, hips and knee joint.
- Helps to remove any kind of leg swelling.
- Great pose for flat feet and dropped arches.
- Regulates the menstruation.
- Good pose for knee and ankle sprains.
- Restores the body from long travel.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR THREE PARTS FORWARD BEND POSE
People with the following problem please avoid practising this pose, or practise under the expert’s supervisions and doctor’s advice.
- Back injury
- Spine injury
Practise this yoga daily, will yield the better results.
It’s must to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Always listen to your body, and know your limits. While practise, if you find any pain or discomfort, please exit the pose and ask for the expert’s guidance and doctor’s advice.