Ayurveda, Is a combined with 2 Sanskrit word, Ayur (Life) and Veda (Science). It literally means the science of life. Ayurveda is noted in the Ayurveda Veda (One of the 4 Ancient Vedas, five thousand years old) In India, until the recent few decades people fully relayed on the Ayurveda. Ayurveda has instructions to how to maintain health as well as fighting against the illness.
Ayurveda has more than 5000 years of history (Some people believe that, it is passed on to humans from the Gods themselves).Ayurveda is the oldest health system in the world. It consists of philosophy and medicine. Ayurveda is a complete naturalistic system in the branch of medicine.It diagnosis of your body’s humours, by the balance of Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Ayurveda described in the oldest known texts are,
All these text states the five elements of the cosmic system such as:
Influence our individual system, and we have to keeping these elements balanced for a healthy and happy life.Ayurveda states that each person will be influenced by certain elements more than others. This is because of their natural constitution (prakriti).
Ayurveda categorizes into three different doshas:
- Vatadosha, (air and space elements dominate)
- Pitta dosha, (fire element dominates)
- Kaphadosha, (earth and water elements dominate)
The dosha affects bodily tendencies, temperament of emotions and shape.
Ayurvedic Treatment is divided into 2 main categories.
- Shodhana(purificatory therapy)
- Shamana (palliative therapy)
BENEFITS OF AYURVEDA
- It Helps to reduce the stress, depression and anxiety
- Regulates the hormonal balance
- Lowers the Inflammation in an effective way.
- It also good for hormonal, digestive and autoimmune conditions and inflammatory.
- Reduces the body fat. Gives the good shape.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Recovers from Illnesses and the injuries.
- A recent report(published by University of Maryland Medical Center) states that Ayurvedic medicine can help to treat Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, Herpes, Parkinson’s disease, Anxiety or depression, Asthma, Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and cramps, Cancer, Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation) Premenopausal problems and High blood pressure or cholesterol.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR AYURVEDA
Do not skip the breakfast. Opt for healthy food like vegetables and fruits. Improve your eating habits. Do not experiment all by your own. Know your digestive power and limits. It is always good to get help of an expert in Auyrveda.